Supported model: SM-G920F and SM-G925F for Nougat os installation
LineageOS is the successor of CyanogenMod, which provided ROMs for many years. The latest version of LineageOS with version number 14.1 is based on the latest version of Android, 7.1.1 Nougat. The Samsung Galaxy S6 has really suffered from the lack of custom ROMs thanks to its Exynos chipset, and a LineageOS build will make many users happy.
Below you will find the tutorial on how to download LineageOS and install the ROM on the Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge. Based on user feedback, the ROM is pretty much stable and doesn’t have any major issues. The camera works without fine without problems, however phone calls have a few issues. This is also a good testing device for android app development.
If you have any of this model you can continue with installation process.
Download required files.
- Odin12.3 Link is http://odindownload.com
- TWRP Link is http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3597049&d=1451784716
- [Nougat 7.1 ROM] Install LineageOS 14.1 ROM Link is https://mega.nz/#!4ktC3ZzL!bZtM7YGcxaFY4pj-SLkmhGjCrIrY7DTv8BQ0QHRtfCk
- Kernel for Edge variants Link is http://corewell.cf/AOKP/edgeKernel.img
- Gapps for LineageOs Rom http://opengapps.org/?download=true&arch=arm&api=7.1&variant=nano for ARM 86 and select ARM 64 for 64 processor architecture
How to root and install TWRP on Galaxy S6/s6 edge
Before you continue with the tutorial below, we suggest you to check out the list of supported devices. Most of Galaxy S8 phones with a Snapdragon chipset will work, but it is better to be aware.
Supported models & Download links (CF Auto Root)
- SM-G920F Link is https://download.chainfire.eu/733/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-zeroflte-zerofltexx-smg920f.zip
- Download Odin latest version on your computer and open it.
- Download CF Auto Root file and extract it and open it. Find the md5 file that you need to install.
- Turn off your phone and Go to download mode (Volume down Key + Home Keys + Power Key) press all keys at the same time.
- If your phone download mode check it and connect your phone to your PC and open odin which you download. Click on Ap and select md5 file.
- Click on start button and wait for till phone reboot. This process to root your phone.
- Turn off your phone and Go to download mode (Volume down Key + Home Key + Power Key) press all keys at the same time.
- If your phone download mode check it and connect your phone to your PC and open odin which you download. Click on Ap and select TWRP img.tar file.
- Click on start button and wait. After completion message show to complete installation.
That is all. You have successfully rooted and install TWRP on your Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge.
Install LineageOS 14.1 ROM on Samsung Galaxy s6/s6 edge
- Download LineageOS 14.1 ROM for you Android phone.
- Transfer the ROM file from your PC to your phone and turn it off.
- Go to recovery mode, wipe data and cache.
- Go to “Install zip” and select the LineageOS ROM file.
- Flash the ROM.
If you have already installed the ROM, you can now flash Gapps.
Download Gapps from the links above and move the downloaded file to your phone.
- Turn off your phone off and boot into recovery mode.
- Go to “Install zip” and choose the Gapps file.
- Flash the file.
Reboot your phone and you will see the newly installed applications such as Google Play Store, Google Maps and others depending on which package you installed. That is it. Now you have a completed LineageOS ROM with Gapps installed.