ZIka virus is a family member of Dengue and ckikungunya. The sympotms of zike are similar to those of dengue and chikungunya. The virus is transferred through mosquito.
- The most common symptoms of Zika are fever, rash, joint pain, or conjunctivitis (red eyes). Other common symptoms include muscle pain and headache. The incubation period (the time from exposure to symptoms) for Zika virus disease is not known, but is likely to be a few days to a week.
- The illness is usually mild with symptoms lasting for several days to a week.
- Zika virus usually remains in the blood vessels of an infected person for a few days but it can be found longer in some people.
- Hospitalization is not required in most of the cases.
- Deaths are rare.
- The symptoms of the zika virus is similar to chikangunya and dengue.
- Please consult the doctor if you have similar symptoms and if you been in contacted to infected person and have been recently visited one of the country where zika is out burst.
- See your healthcare provider if you develop the symptoms described above and have visited an area where Zika is found.
- Doctor may have carried away the similar test like chikangunya and dengue to diagnosis the zika.
- Currently there’s no any vaccine available to prevent or cure zika infection.
- Treat the symptoms:
- Get plenty of rest.
- Get proper rest.
- Drink lots of water and fluid to avoid being dehydrated.
- Take acetaminophen to relieve fever and pain.
- Do not take non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- During beginning of the infection, zika virus can be found in the blood and passed through infected person to another mosquito by mosquito bite.
- An infected mosquito can then spread the virus to other people.
*bharat biotech, India based therapeutic pharmaceutical company have claimed to developed the zika vaccines which is under clinical trial now. Keep in tune for more details on it.